Singapore, 22 March 2017 – The inaugural editions of Rotorcraft Asia and Unmanned Systems Asia to be held from 18 to 20 April 2017 at the Changi Exhibition Centre in Singapore, brings together the cross-section of industry stakeholders to focus on going deeper into industry issues, technologies and opportunities.
Rotorcraft Asia is the first and only dedicated event for the global civil helicopter industry in Asia-Pacific, and is co-located with the inaugural Unmanned Systems Asia, which will showcase the vast spectrum of commercial and defence applications, cutting edge technologies and solutions in aerial, ground, surface and underwater unmanned systems.
Continued growth in Asia-Pacific civil helicopter market
As the first and only dedicated event for the global civil helicopter industry in Asia-Pacific, Rotorcraft Asia 2017 is taking place at an opportune time. According to Flightglobal Ascend, demand for new-build helicopters in Asia-Pacific has increased by 64% since 2005, and is expected to account for the largest share, about 37% of the 10,375 civil helicopters to be delivered by 2025. The business and private (33%), and utility & multi-role (22%) sectors will generate over half of regional demand by 2025, while offshore support (13%), law enforcement (12%) and emergency medical services (8%) will account for a significant one-third of the market.
Rotorcraft Asia 2017 aims to serve the needs of industry players seeking to tap into the growing civil helicopter market by:
· Presenting the latest industry trends and developments for the region’s growing civil, medical, rescue and paramilitary aviation sectors.
· Providing a showcase covering the entire rotorcraft supply chain, from airframes, components and parts, to avionics, safety systems, MROs and more.
· Delivering expert insights through its strategic conference focusing on new technologies and solutions for rotary wing aircraft.
Rotorcraft Asia 2017 will be headlined by some of the industry’s biggest companies including Airbus Helicopters, BBA Aviation, Bell Helicopter, Garmin, Honeywell Aerospace, L-3 WESCAM, RUAG Aviation, Safran Helicopter Engines Asia, Sikorsky, Standard Aero and Zodiac Aerospace.
In conjunction with the exhibition, the two-day strategic conference themed “Innovation in Rotorcraft”, will focus on new technologies and solutions for rotary wing aircraft. Industry experts and business leaders will share their views and insights on key topics, current issues and challenges faced by manufacturers and operators of rotorcraft. The conference will also feature keynote speeches by top executives including: Mr Jean-Brice Dumont, Executive Vice President, Engineering & Chief Technical Officer, Airbus Helicopters; Mr J. Scott Drennan, Director of Engineering Innovation, Bell Helicopter; Mr Pascal Dauriac, Research and Technology Director, Safran Helicopter Engines; Mr Robert Gagne, Country Director, Global Sales, Defense, Space & Security, The Boeing Company; and Mr Chris Van Buiten, Vice President, Sikorsky Innovation, Sikorsky.
Greater awareness and adoption of unmanned systems driving global market growth
The inaugural Unmanned Systems Asia will bring together manufacturers, suppliers, service providers, buyers, academia, governments, research and regulatory bodies to unlock the growth potential in the global unmanned systems markets. With the Global Unmanned Aircraft Systems market worth US$10.9 billion by 2021, and the Global Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV) and Asia-Pacific commercial drone markets reaching US$7.25 billion and US$650 million respectively by 2025, the event offers a timely and highly effective platform for stakeholders to explore the latest technologies that will help advance their search and rescue, communications, monitoring and surveillance capabilities.
Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 will feature key highlights including:
· Industry leaders and commercial users of aerial drones in different industries sharing diverse views, experiences and insights at the Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 Forum themed “The Future of Drones”.
· The exhibition showcasing the latest commercial and defence applications of unmanned technology from exciting companies including Clear-Com, Elbit Systems, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, H3 Dynamics Pte Ltd, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., Lockheed Martin Canada CDL Systems, Septentrio, Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd. and Weiking Electronics Manufacturing (Xi’an) Co., Ltd. among others.
· The University R&D Showcase which highlights the innovative unmanned systems solutions of tomorrow and novel applications of drone technology developed by Singapore’s top universities and tertiary institutions to achieve its Smart Nation vision.
With just a month to go before the start of Rotorcraft Asia 2017 and Unmanned Systems Asia 2017, there is growing recognition of their vital importance as a strategic platform to leverage the growth potential and synergies between the global civil helicopter and unmanned systems. In addition to the leading companies and speakers who have affirmed their participation, industry players including top executives, regulators and experts from 40 countries across 4 continents have also confirmed their attendance from 18 – 20 April 2017 in Singapore.
“Rotorcraft Asia and Unmanned Systems Asia address the need for an effective strategic platform for global industry players to leverage the wide spectrum of growth opportunities in the Asia-Pacific civil helicopter and unmanned systems markets,” said Leck Chet Lam, Managing Director, Experia Events. “We are confident that these two co-located events will become a touchstone of the Asia-Pacific aviation industry and further enhance Singapore’s status as the leading regional aviation hub.”
Rotorcraft Asia 2017 and Unmanned Systems Asia 2017 are organised by Experia Events with the support of the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore, the Defence Science and Technology Agency, International Enterprise Singapore, the Ministry of Transport, Singapore, the Singapore Economic Development Board and the Singapore Exhibition and Convention Bureau.